- Provide teachers with monthly scientist forums and related lesson ideas each month (attendance required) that increase their understanding of the natural and cultural history of Idaho.
- Provide hands on experience with Idaho's natural and cultural history through the 3 day field experience (attendance required).
- Increase the use of place based education in classrooms throughout Idaho so that learning becomes more fun and meaningful to students.
- Increase the use (and availability) of meaningful technology in classrooms throughout Idaho.
- Provide access and understanding of GIS/GPS technology and implement it into classrooms throughout Idaho.
- Participants will gain a better understanding of the natural and cultural history of Idaho and be able to pass that understanding on to their students
- Participants will learn to use GIS/GPS technology, and be able to increase the use and effectiveness of place based education in their classrooms.
- Participants will each write a lesson plan that incorporates something that they learned during the class into their instruction.
- Participants will each produce a presentation detailing how they will use what they learned in their classrooms.
This is a two credit course (credits offered through Boise State University). Your fees will be paid by a grant awarded by the Idaho State Department of Education. In order to successfully complete this course and receive the credits, you will have to fulfill the below listed requirements.
- You must have full and focused attendance at each session. Attendance cannot be made up.
- You must create a presentation that provides ideas for classroom use of knowledge gained. This presentation will be due on the last day of class.
- You must create a lesson plan that incorporates knowledge gained from the course. This lesson can be on any subject as long as it has a connection to Bring Idaho Alive.